In this article, we will talk about the main differences between the Native and Hybrid application development. We will hope that after reading this article you will be able to decide which kind of application is best for your idea or business. Xoompixel can help you to build the applications, but we believe it is always better to give knowledge about the products to our customers so that they can make decisions about what kind of applications they need for their business.
What are Native Applications?
A native application is a kind of software which has been developed to perform some specific kind of tasks in a particular environment or on a specific platform.
A native application is built using an (SDK) i.e software development tools for a certain software framework, hardware platform or a specific operating system.
What are Hybrid Applications?
Hybrid apps are similar to native apps and can be download from platform’s app store like a native app and It can get access to all the native platform features.
Major Features of Hybrid Apps:
- Hybrid Apps can be built for any Platform from a single code source.
- Hybrid apps usually run in Web View Mode using the Browser Engine which runs the web view of the website on the browser.
Hybrid Apps Vs Native Apps
- Native SDKs allows accessing device features without dealing with the complexity of native plugins whereas entire new device feature might be not being readily available as a native plugin
- A hybrid app is having dependencies on different libraries and frameworks like Cordova, Ionic which has to be in sync with latest platform version changes and releases but in the case of Native Apps, there are no such dependencies and complexities related to libraries.
There are many Advantages of Native Apps over Hybrid Apps but there are also some limitations or Drawbacks of Native Application Developments which are as follows:
- There is a need for a Separate development environment for each platform which in result increases the development time and efforts.
- Each platform code will have its own separate release cycle and updates which ultimately adds to the development time and cost.
- Releasing the same updates and feature on all platform at the same time always challenging and time-consuming as each platform uses different code base.
- The different skill set is required for the development and maintenance of applications on each platform which is time-consuming and costly.
The decision to choose between the hybrid app or native app is based many factors of the organization. Hopefully, this article helps you to choose better or you can Always contact the Wapplabz to discuss more and see your Idea getting shape in front of you.